Take care!

The last fortnight I have learned so many lessons and has been laced with so many firsts, it would be a pity not to pen them down.

To begin with, my husband and I earned the title of 'First POSITIVE couple' in the organisation he works for. In these times, you very well know in what we were found 'positive' in. No prizes for guessing! We gained so much attention that even the media houses can be put to shame for their coverage of current (in)sensitive topics. The only 'positive' part to it was were not hounded by any of them for earning this distinction. 

It was the very first time our daughter went away from us for 'safekeeping'. It was so heartening to see my husband's side of the family step in to take her without any hesitation and with open arms. I must mention that my mother-in-love (do not want to use the law-word!) is close to 70 years and has a full time online teaching job. She dropped everything and took leave with just a firm assurance  "I will take care". After so many years of staying in a nuclear family, it is a wonderful feeling of having a family to take care of. A maiden experience again in 'unconditional love'. Thank God for BIG mercies! We put all types of calling and conferencing calls to the best use. Moods were conveyed through emojis and voice notes. If not for technology, this distant family time would have been tougher!



One general feeling of gratitude is for the numerous messages and calls from so many friends, relatives, and well-wishers. Its actually for the very first time again I counted my blessings when the maid from Delhi conveyed concern when the local help from Port Blair offered help (never mind the distance!). So many called almost every day to check if we are alright.  All the messages and calls had the same words 'Take care!". Often I hummed "Somewhere in the youth or childhood, I must have done something good"! 

The icing on the cake was friends dropping parcels of food. Many genuinely offered 'let us know if you need anything", but some did not wait for us to call out. Tasty lunches, hot chapattis, fresh breakfast was all delivered at our doorstep till we urged them not to do so! These are the people who had the hidden words "I will" prefixed to the "take care". Though this list is not very long, I am glad to have known such rare gems whom I will hold dear for life. Adversities in life filter out the doers from the talkers and I am glad this happened to me, not as a way of judging but to know who is the 3 am person whom I can REALLY count on.

'Containers' of Love!

Yes, I also experienced loss of smell for the very first time in my life! Can you imagine someone who can smell stinky socks or a fragrant scent from miles apart, I just could not smell the strong smell of Vicks even when I almost put my nose inside it. I was so tempted to take the (infamous) train ride on the Central Railway of Mumbai, especially between Kurla and Sion. I could have actually enjoyed the ride without having to stuff my nose and do forceful deep breathing. If you are from Mumbai you would have got the joke, if not I urge you to take the train ride to experience 'it'  in better times to come!

When I was admitted for a few days to the hospital, it was for the very first time I saw the dreaded ' Mortuary' while getting to the Covid ward. I secretly wondered if I will take a journey back home or to that place. The magic of alternate healing energies sent in by various channels was experienced first hand. My deepest  gratitude to each one of them. The fact that I am here and writing this, I am thankful for the return leg and hope to live this new lease of life with renewed vigor and higher purpose. 


Excited to enjoy the colours of life once more, with a new lens (literally!)! 


As a true Indian I must leave you with some (unwarranted!) advice. Next time someone tells you 'Take care' listen carefully if they are asking 'you' to take care or saying "I will take care". Choose your pack carefully.

And lastly, for the first time I am elated to be 'negative'!


Comments

Wonderful and so heart felt. You are an icon madam. God bless you always.

Rajeev ranjan
Shanti Karri said…
The words positive and negative have gained a whole new meaning 🙂
Unknown said…
Tc. All life problems are the biggest teachers.
Radha Murugan said…
Brilliant as usual, concise and candid. The love and good will you have sent around all these years came back to you. Yes it is time to count our blessings. My prayers for you to always stay blessed. Much love.
mallav4 said…
Beautifully scripted . I think they must have been advise and love galore from different quarters.

Please continue with your prayers . Especially with SLSB.

Recently , one young gentleman gone positive and admitted with hairrible cough .
Swami mysteriously advised through some IV , don’t concentrate on cough , instead concentrate on Me and My form
Within 4 days , he came back home after gone negative.

May Swami shower His Infinite Blessings on you and your family.



M S Mehta said…
Life is like that.Your words are Pearls of
wisdom n leaf of lesson to all.
Be blessed n benevolent.
Regards
M S Mehta
Ranjini said…
Very well expressed and I can totally Empathise with you and your family and commend the positive spirit within you !
Unknown said…
Well expressed Madam. God bless you and your family
regards
Abhijeet said…
Very well written Sucha. god bless you both. On the side note, you have got an art of expressing, cant wait to see more of your life experience blogs
Phoenix said…
Good morning n great spirit.. 'Take Care' also means - take care of yourself, we won't be there to do so 😆 After all, life sometimes or rather most of the times is an ironic humour.
Stay safe, Stay blessed
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Santosh Phalle said…
Hey Sucha ..u r full of positives... but first time we r happy to see some negative to u .. i belive this journey would have felt how much we r cared and loved by our true loved ones..insaniyat ki aasli phechan dukh main hoti hai..sukh ke sab sathi dukh main to sirf humdardi.humnasheen...the bond of love change when take care to will take care ..
ह्रदयस्पर्शी लेखन...
Unknown said…
So this what they mean when they say Positive and Negative both are needed in life!
Nice Sucha for sharing both sides...
it also made me think, what do I mean when I say ‘take care’... I guess I bit of sadness that I cannot be there for some, when distance separates us ...
keep writing, keep smiling 😎
Krishna said…
Sucharita , Happy that you were positive when you were declared 'positive' and remaining positive when you are now declared 'negative'. A Big Hurray to Your mind , that analysed and kept you in good stead, instead of worrying about little things in life. Your words of caution would act as a precaution to anyone who reads through the lines. My Heartiest Wishes for a Great Navaratri to you and your families.... Nucleus ( not nuclear) and Joint. Warm Regards
Very well written as always, though I feel you (your usual chirpy writing style) is still recovering, or probably there is something you are re-covering. In either case, great to see your post, and hope to see many more soon, probably one (or a few) describing your observations / experience during the hospital stay.

Take care (you interpret this one ;-)
Anupama K said…
Sucha your touching words and well expressed feelings portray the difficult time you and your family have gone through. Your kind heartedness and positivity has helped you overcome these tough times. Support system provided by our closed ones is of utmost importance in the hour of need. Stayblessed always.

Anupama K said…
Typo error in the above post
Kindly read it as
Support system provided by our close ones.
Thanks
K K Menon said…
Wonderful. Very nicely expressed your experiences during your “positive tenure” with an attitude of gratitude. Stay fit and healthy. God bless you and your family .
Unknown said…
Dear Sucha, You seem to have put your heart out about your bitter or otherwise experience in life. I totally believe in that famous song ' Sukh ke sab saarhi..dukh me naa koi' ideally penned for humans. Thanx to technology your suffering were a bit easy to handle and even shate with your near and dear. Take assurance from the fact that this episide has or woyld have made you both 'Atmabirbhar' for once. You have taken care or so it seems. Kimd regards and Stay Blessed both of you along with the little bundle of joy. Sharadha and Sunder

Subhasri Kartik said…
Overwhelming experience. Do take care . Prayers
Hats off to your positiveness in facing and sharing. Happy to know that you got negative. God is great.
Ramsai Karri said…
...most of the times we wake-up and notice it's a new day through some event like a bird chirping, flower blooming or breeze whispering... BUT, rarely does LIFE provide us an opportunity to truly be AWAKE to a new day in SPIRIT & live TODAY in gratitude. I guess you are there. Welcome to a new EXISTENCE!

Unknown said…
Wonderful touching thoughts and beautifully executed. Your optimism is the main reason which made Covid 19 negative.
Due to this journey, you atleast got to know the people who will always be there for you in your toughest times.
Vibha Govil mishra said…
Very well articulated blog Sucha 👌🏽
It was heartening to go through your experience
And yes, you come to know about so many real friends
and well-wishers during adverse times and then
you can’t be thankful enough for their presence in life..
Nice clicks with emojis and very vibrant photographs of flowers
👍🏽👍🏽
Anonymous said…
Very well written Sucharita! Glad you were negative
Unknown said…
Feelings from heart that has experienced pain and blessings in the form of love and support .
Lots of love

Popular posts from this blog

It could have been me..

Open source or licensed?