Watta joke!


It was the end of a tiring weekend and I was at the end of my wits. All set to go home after a training session and of all the things I could not find my footwear! After a desperate search I burst out in to my famous non-stop laughter. Reason? I remembered the infectious line "What a joke!". The moment I thought about the scenario and said "what a joke" the whole desperation to find my missing footwear disappeared in to thin air. Laughingly I did find it after 10 mins but the whole "search pattern" changed in a moment. From minutes of frustration in to minutes of uncontrolled laughter.


I know by now you too must be thinking "What a joke" this blog update is about. So let me get serious about joking :) The next time you are confronted with a serious situation, step back a few steps (mentally ofcourse) and just say loud this mantra. You would know what I mean. We tend to think of ourselves and situations so grimly, that we often forget that all this is a part of cosmic joke called life. "Life is a tragedy in close up and a comedy from a long shot" said the best comic character you & I know..Charlie Chaplin. Our so called "big" issues of life are in reality a miniscule or may be less in the whole wide world and there is no doubt whatsoever in that. It is the lens that we wear to look at them that make them big or small.

When we look back on serious times in our lives, they tend to make us laugh at our stupidity & funnily we tend to think of happy times with tears in our eyes. I could never understand this logic. Whatever may be the logic, I wish you too do look back at happy times with tears of joy more than turning back to look at sour times. As we begin to wish 2009 a good-bye let us look at the year and say "What a joke!" to all the disappointments and congratulate ourselves for getting ahead of them.

Keep joking, keep laughing and keep the tears of joy right there:)

Comments

shubs said…
It is a reflection of your mind. Makes a Good reading ... Thanks for starting off 2010 with your infectious smile ... I am sure I will be smiling throughout the year ...
Hey Sucha, nice post. I just tried your 'What a joke' mantra when Hema asked me to go shopping to get groceries after a long day's work. It did bring tears in my eyes, but not of laughter though!!! I think I said the mantra a bit too out loud ;-)
Sucha said…
Thanks..Shubhada..can u imagine that picture was clicked in UK years back? Just felt boisterous to put it up on the blog :)

Keep smiling!
Sucha said…
Viky..as usual u come up with something that makes me smile from ear to ear..:) Stay cheerful as always!
Anonymous said…
Cool!! Keep joking...

- Milind
sangeetha said…
Superb Sucha , your smile in the snap is really infectious.It made me feel very happy.Wish you and your family a very happy new year.
Sathish said…
That was a good one to start 2010 with :). I would have danced if I were u ;) "Nothing is permanent" neither footwear nor this world.

I owe the following jokes to you for this post. Keep laughing.

* I have two daughters. Both of them are girls
* All of you, stand in a straight circle.
* There is no wind in the balloon.
* The girl with the mirror please come her...{Meaning girl with specs).
* I talk, he talk, why you middle middle talk ?

Happy 2010 and beyond to you and ur Family.
Sucha said…
Sathish..

Thanks for ur jokes..reminded me of the time we laughed ALOUD for the jokes in Abhiyum Naanum ..LOL
refugee said…
What a joke!!! lovely post. happy new year to you and sitaram. miss having you guys around :)
Subha Mohapatra said…
Hey Sucha..Good one again !
And what gives us an immediate smile is that fetching laugh of yours in the snap...keep it up..and keep making us smile..keep blogging.

with
luv n friendhip,

Wish you a Very Happy New Year 2010

[01/01/10]
mantiz said…
well said! hats off for an inspiring post..!

happy new year btw :)
Sucha said…
Chintu..Thanks for dropping by.
Virtual brother said…
Hey Sucha, you keep coming up with good blogs but i am running out of compliments. for this article use the comment i posted first :)
Prashant .... said…
watt a joke.....
its really a nice one...
keep bloggin shubha
happy new yr 2010
JP said…
Good one, enjoyed reading your post.

Keep writing...
Adisha said…
Wishing you a belated Happy New Year !! and Kudos to your attitude...

Truly, laughing out loud at a desperate situation is better than gettign desperate ourselves :)

Cheers... Keep up the smiles ...
amazing inspirational post. sure such reading giv in such positive feeling that a smile comes up. 'wat a joke' really... sumtimes when i sit back recollecting the past, i feel i souped up my life completely and then just smile at myself saying, 'no worries, one learns from mistakes'.

Popular posts from this blog

Take care!

It could have been me..

Open source or licensed?