Being in the invisible mode

A new feature on Orkut of being able to chat with all your contacts has been driving me to take cover under the “being invisible” mode. Much to my dislike, I am still being invisible as the thought of being available to the 200 odd contacts on the site sends me shudders. What will I chat with people I have hardly met? It is ok to share an occasional not with each other but talk to unknown people everyday? Oops! not my piece of cake, surely. For once I am happy to let the cake go!

Getting in to the mould of being unseen has its own share of excitement and disappointments too. It is interesting to see a lot of contacts coming on line, who cannot see that I am also present. Some kind of ego-booster I must say. It fuels a supreme pleasure of giving me the power of talking to them at my will. I just need to ping them and a conversation can happen. Unless I initiate it, they cannot reach out.

At the same time it is also a little sad that no one reaches out to me with a friendly “Hi” no matter what the time of the day is. I could display my mood for the day with a fitting status message. No need to call anyone and tell I am feeling under the weather. The status message did it all. Conversations were triggered by the status message alone and some of the most interesting talk would ensue.

Amidst all this new experience of being unseen, I also ponder what does God experiences all the time. The one always in invisible mode. He is of course visible to me in the form I trust is God. Yet for the millions who just believe that “HE is up there and is watching it all”, I wonder what HE undergoes!

Just like I am hoping some of my regular contacts will look for me and say “Hi”, will the creator not be yearning for HIS creations to look inside and say “Hi”. "I am here for you always", HE thinks but are we aware? All HE sees is his little children mindlessly fighting over “mine” & “thine”. Religion which was just created so that man gets closer to God has itself become a battle ground taking God out of religion entirely and leaving just a bitter after taste.

Through the various mediums, channels (not TV channels please), guru’s masters HE is trying to convey to all “Please look inside; there is none outside for whom you are fighting”. Yet we turn a blind eye to all of this and are busy looking elsewhere.

All I can urge to HIM is to please come out of the Invisible mode and take charge. Teach everyone that we have come here to learn to love and not loathe. Shout aloud that all religions are creation of Man himself, there is not one higher or lower. Stop the mindless actions and reactions. We your children have failed terribly in the test you have given. Please come and take us on the right path and help us pass at the next chance.

Comments

A wonderful write up... an intelligent mix of the lighter 'invisible mode' with the heavier 'religion' in a very proficient manner.. :-)) I am sure I was the inspiration for your blog this time with both 'Invisible Mode' (I pinged you recently being in invisible mode) as well as 'Religion' (I create a lot of noise in the orkut community) topics...!! :P
Anonymous said…
At least you remember me , my child. I am always visible to those who want to see me.
Menka said…
"Cool" :-) Good to read something that unintentionally brings in a nice thot...and U seem to effortlessly bring in more than one thot together.
Sucha said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
i didnt know tat very ib=nformative keep blogging!!!!
Unknown said…
Yawn!!!!

Monday morning.. wake up... While I agree with the "God In Me" God everywhere and the invisibility, I just can't fathom where you are going with all this..

Wake up and smell the roses and see the Sun and bask in the glory that God took great interest in creating for you and FEEL them than write a few lines yoodling away..

Good morning

Guess this post will be deleted ;-)
radharaman said…
very touchy and felt very sad for the guys who were misused by somegroup for meaningless cause.
Sucha said…
Nice to see so may reactions here to my thoughtful(or so I thought!) reflections.
Anonymous said…
simple n free flowing ....I enjoyed reading
CRD said…
hey. Interesting! God on invisible mode! hmm...

jus hope he hasnt logged off :P

nice concept. mebbe i need to post something on this :)

Cheers
CRD
CRD said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nice to read. Although some parts of it were kind of er..anyways. Invisible...lmao I'm always invisible :D

CheerS!!
nice post and a very interesting thought...when i started reading i thought it will be a fun filled post..but the interplay with religion and towards the end it was one with a deep thought :) nice interplay of words

keep posting !!

P.S: thanks for dropping by :)
Sarah Rahman said…
A well-articulated post.

Keep writing :)
Anonymous said…
Am sorry about this late comment..But only now did I realize why you kept asking me if i had read this one...Every sentence made me think... Can you try authoring a book? :-)
Sucha said…
Can Anonymous please disclose identity? Then I will consider your book option :)
WOW!

Sucha!

You have the seed waiting to blossom,
the light within, waiting to burst out!

Its quite obvious with such lovely writing you see.

I hope to see more of ur writing.
the way you connect things together (orkut invisible mode and God), its great!

I am sure that you will one day find yourself amongst the great writers of this world.

Enjoy your writing!

:)

Cheers
SWATZ said…
Waooo.... this was the most amazing post I have ever read..Sooo true yet so hard to think and thank God for whatever he has given us... :)

I loved thine post.. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Take care!

It could have been me..

Open source or licensed?